Back up and Running

Ok, so this is pretty embarrassing.  It has been almost exactly a year since we last added a post to this blog.  Partly due to us being locked out of our admin page, but mostly to just being too busy to keep up with it.  I know neither are great excuses.  How ’bout this.  I hate writing and LaReina has been too busy.  That’s more like it.  Oh, and we were locked out of our admin page.

Anyhow all that aside, we are now back up and running and have updated a lot of info and links on the blog.  Mainly the Newsletters Archive.  If you have been wondering what we have been up to and have not received our newsletters, click on the Newsletter link above and you will find an up-to-date list.  We will try to at least keep the blog current with those.

Where are we now.  As most of you know, we came back to the US in September to be with Joel’s mom before she passed October 4.  We spent some time in Alaska to be with Joel’s dad as he transitioned through this time.  We were also working on LaReina’s Green Card and citizenship issue.  See Next Steps for more information on that.

We are now in Duvall, WA awaiting the results of the request for the Reentry Permit and the initial steps for the Citizenship process for LaReina.  All the paperwork has been submitted and now we wait.  The Reentry Permit is what will allow her to leave the US and return without any issues.  Without it, she cannot leave the US and retain her Permanent Resident Green Card status.  It will probably only be good for one year.  For a long term solution, we are also working on her American Citizenship.  Because we were out of the US for so long, we encountered complications for the routine process.  We have retained an immigration attorney who specializes in missionary citizenship to guide us through this part.  Again, everything has been turned in and we are awaiting the results or appointments for the next steps in the process.

We are praying we will have the Reentry permit and Bio-metrics for the Citizenship done by January 5th so we can use our current tickets to get back to Kenya.  At this point we have received no indication how long this could take.  Please be praying for this.